Meet JLP Coach
I’m an Oxford graduate with a background in teaching, editing, coaching and mentoring. I taught social sciences and study skills at the Open University for 14 years. And while I never completed my doctorate I became an expert on procrastination and perfectionism.
Fascinated by the role of motivation in teaching and learning, I trained at CTI Coaches Training Institute. And In 2008 I launched my consultancy JLP Coach. Since then I’ve coached hundreds of adults and teens to develop vital skills for work, study and life. In addition, I’ve presented numerous talks and workshops in the UK, Netherlands and Canada.
I’m proud to belong to the Association of Professional Declutterers & Organisers and volunteered for 6 years as a Board member. As APDO head of training I wrote the UK’s 1st courses for professional organisers. I continue to lead training for APDO and to mentor colleagues in the organising industry.
In addition to guest blogs and articles, I’ve written two books for the popular What’s Your Excuse? series: Being More Productive (2017) and Clearing Your Clutter (2018).
On a personal note, I not only live but thrive with Charcot-Marie-Tooth neurological illness. As a result, I have a special interest in supporting students with disabilities.
I share my home in North London with two young adults and a little white rescue pup.
- MA in politics, philosophy & economics, Oxford University
- Postgraduate certificate in academic practice, Open University
- Certificate in co-active professional coaching, Coaches Training Institute
- Foundation certificate, Institute for Challenging Disorganization
- Fellow of UK Higher Education Academy and the RSA
- Verified member of APDO Association of Professional Declutterers & Organisers
- Member of ICD Institute for Challenging Disorganization
- Member of Federation of Small Businesses
- Insured (public liability & professional indemnity) by Westminster Insurance
- ICO certificate for data protection
- Enhanced DBS certificate
- Registered with Life Coach Directory and Tutorfair