Meet JLP Coach
Time management coach & study skills expert
What’s your professional background?
I’m an Oxford graduate with 20+ years’ experience of teaching, coaching and training. I started out as a politics lecturer at Queen Mary, London University, then taught social sciences and study skills at the Open University for 14 years. In between, I lived and studied in France, Egypt and Israel. And while I never completed my doctorate I became an expert in procrastination.
Fascinated by the role of motivation in teaching and learning, I trained at the Coaches Training Institute. And in 2008 I launched JLP Coach. Since then I’ve coached hundreds of individuals from diverse backgrounds. I’ve spoken to audiences of all sizes, from student groups to international conferences. And I’ve led training in boardrooms, classrooms, conference halls and even a spa!
What are your credentials?
While working at the Open University I completed a postgraduate teaching certificate. So I’m now an accredited Fellow of the Higher Education Authority. And since 2017 I’ve been a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts, a charity committed to innovation and social change.
In addition, I’ve been a member of APDO Association of Professional Declutterers & Organisers for over a decade and served for 6 years as an Board member. During this time, I wrote and led the 1st UK courses for professional organisers. I’m also proud to belong to the Institute for Challenging Disorganization and hold a specialist certificate in Chronic Disorganization, I recently created the 1st UK training for virtual organisers and hosted the 1st UK Virtual Summit for Virtual Organisers & Declutterers.
And just for fun, I was delighted to be awarded the Queen of Organising Skills by the Aqua Design Group.
I’ve written two books for the popular What’s Your Excuse? series: Being More Productive (2017) and Clearing Your Clutter (2018). My next book will be on how to help teens to develop effective time management and study skills. In addition, I’ve written countless articles and am regularly featured in the media.
And on a personal note?
I not only live but thrive with Charcot-Marie-Tooth neurological illness. As a result, I have a special interest in supporting students and adults with disabilities. A lifelong learner, I’m currently learning to lip read. During lockdown I become hooked on Duolingo!
I share my home in Finchley, London with two young adults and a little white rescue pup.
- MA politics, philosophy & economics, Oxford University
- Postgraduate certificate in academic practice, Open University
- Certified professional co-active coach, Coaches Training Institute
- Specialist certificate in chronic disorganization, Institute for Challenging Disorganization
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy
- Fellow of RSA
- APDO Association of Professional Declutterers & Organisers
- ICD Institute for Challenging Disorganization
- Life Coach Directory and Tutorfair
- Public liability & professional indemnity insurance, Westminster Insurance
- ICO certificate for data protection
- Enhanced DBS certificate
- Featured in Tatler Address Book as ‘one of the best’
- Shortlisted for Work Avenue Business Brand of the Year Award 2019
- Winner of Theo Paphitis’ Small Business Sunday award
- Queen of Organising Skills awarded by Royal Connections Directory