Meet JLP Coach
I’m an Oxford graduate with over 20 years’ experience of teaching, editing, writing, coaching and mentoring. I taught social sciences and study skills at the Open University for more than a decade. One of the things I enjoyed most was motivating students. And while I never finished my doctoral thesis, I became an expert on procrastination and perfectionism!
This fascination with motivation led me to train at the Coaches Training Institute. And in 2008 I launched my consultancy, JLP Coach.
Shortly afterwards, I discovered APDO Association of Professional Declutterers & Organisers, and became an APDO Board member (head of training). In recent years, I’m particularly proud to have written and led the 1st UK training courses for professional organisers. I’ve also presented hundreds of motivational talks to local, national and international audiences.
Thanks to Twitter, I was invited to write two books for the popular ‘What’s Your Excuse?’ series: Being More Productive (published in 2017) and Clearing Your Clutter (2018).
On a personal note, I not only live but thrive with Charcot-Marie-Tooth neurological illness. And as a result, I have a special interest in supporting students with disabilities.
I live in NW London with two teenagers and a fluffy, white rescue pup.
- MA in politics, philosophy & economics from Oxford University
- Postgraduate certificate in academic practice from the Open University
- Certificate in co-active professional coaching, the Coaches Training Institute
- Accredited by the International Coach Federation
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Fellow of the RSA
- Accredited by Association of Professional Declutterers & Organisers
- Insured (public liability & professional indemnity) by Westminster Indemnity
- Registered with ICO for data protection
- Enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) certificate
- Registered with Life Coach Directory and Tutorfair
- Winner (Feb 2017) of SBS award created by Theo Paphitis